The Coalition of Irish Immigration Centers (CIIC) in partnership with the Boston Irish Pastoral Centre is seeking a Coordinator to set up and run a Senior Helpline Project.
The Coordinator’s primary responsibilities will include setting up and ensuring the smooth running of the US Senior Helpline project, providing support and training to Senior Helpline volunteers, actively promoting the Helpline, evaluating the ongoing need for the project as well as exploring the future development and expansion of the project.
- Experience working with Seniors (or Older Adults), setting up training programs and working with volunteers
- Flexible self-starter with excellent people management skills, the ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Excellent Communication skills – both verbal and written – must have a demonstrated ability to speak in public
- Technical skills – proficient in MS Office Suite and interfacing with telecommunications systems
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Helpline experience a plus
- Patient with a good sense of humor and the ability to engage and motivate people
This is initially a one year contract at 20 hours per week with some flexibility. Position is located in Dorchester, MA. Remuneration will be relevant to the successful candidate’s experience and in keeping with current non-profit standards.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm EST/4pm CST/2pm PST, Monday 28th of November, 2011
Due to the anticipated high volume of applicants only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview.